Coeur d’Alene Adventures offers a whitewater or scenic raft rental located at the legendary Alberton Gorge whitewater put in on the Clark Fork River. If you are headed to the Clark Fork, no need to haul your raft and gear; we can facilitate the day for you providing a full service raft rental. Our headquarters is located right at the put in launch site. If you prefer scenic floats on this stretch of the Clark Fork, we are happy to facilitate your day rental on the scenic stretch which runs Tarkio to Forest Grove with additional watercraft rental options below. Enjoy a self guided day on the Clark Fork! Please note: We do not do multiday rentals or rentals outside of this package. We also do not rent boats and gear for use on other rivers or offer independent shuttles outside of our trips and/or rentals.
Day Raft and Watercraft Rentals on the Clark Fork River
Full Service raft rental CDA includes all gear, transportation of rental, private parking, changing rooms, bathrooms, shuttle, and cleaning for up to 8 guests.
- Online Reservations, waivers, check out, and payments
- Free private parking at our shop located at the Alberton Gorge Cyr Recreation Area on the Clark Fork River with changing rooms and bathrooms.
- Our staff pull all the gear for you prior to your arrival which includes your raft, life jackets for up to 8 people, throw rope, paddles, pump, strap package, frame tool. We will orient you with the gear and check everyone in and make sure life jackets fit properly and check out your rental. Renters have an option to add a stern mount and oars ($50 extra)
- We then drop your boat and group at the put in using our van and trailer (5 minute walk to the water).
- Shuttle included: When you are done with your trip you’ll call us and we’ll come get you at Tarkio take out and help you load your rental and group and head back to our shop to change and inspect/check your rental back in.
- Cleaning fee included: Our staff will professionally clean and pack up your rental for another day.
Options 12′ Paddle Raft fits up to six guests or 15′ Rafts (hold 7-8 people) Renters can rent a stern mount and oars ($50 charge) for the 15′ rafts. Helmets are optional at $10 each
Renters will need to pack their own: coolers, ice, food, drinks, tip for your rental staffer and shuttle driver, and dry bags. We have a gift shop with water and soft drinks available for purchase. Rafters will also need to pack their own wet suits, splash jackets, and warm gear desired.
One Day Rental $250
We reserve the right to cancel a raft rental due to unanticipated water levels or weather conditions.
Rental Policy Advance reservations required to ensure available equipment. Cancellations at least 7 days prior to the trip will receive a full refund. Reservations made within 6 days of the trip are non-refundable. A rental agreement and waiver form must be completed in advance of the trip. A rental damage/stolen deposit will be held via credit card authorization until the equipment is returned at the end of the day. Rafts must be at the take out by 6pm. This allows our staff to end their day by 7-8pm.
Raft Rental Time Period When you rent a raft from us, you can pick it up anytime in the morning determined in your reservation. Our shop opens at 8am. All rafts need to be pulled off the river by 6pm. Late fees are assessed at $75/hour. The Alberton Gorge is a day use area.
Responsibility Please note that the renter is responsible for the replacement cost of damaged or lost gear. The renter is also responsible for repair costs incurred for mistreated gear at $65/hour plus supplies. It’s important to consider that floating the Alberton Gorge is an inherently dangerous activity featuring class I, II, and III rapids. Rafting can result in serious injury and/or death and only those with whitewater rafting experience at intermediate or expert level should be renting for the Alberton Gorge. If you’d prefer to leave the guiding to us check out your options: Whitewater Rafting Trips or Scenic Float Trips.
Watercraft Add Ons for Scenic Clark Fork River Only Trips Inflatable Kayaks, also known as IKs or “Duckies,” are a great way to enjoy a scenic floating trip on the Clark Fork. We have a few single and tandem options, feel free to give us a call and we can recommend the perfect craft layout for your adventure. We also have a few inflatable Stand Up Paddleboards to go with the scenic float raft rentals.
Single Inflatable Kayak $40
Double Inflatable Kayak $50
Stand Up Paddleboard $40
Raft rentals for Coeur d’Alene Idaho with CDA Adventures/Adventure Missoula, located at the Alberton Gorge Cyr Recreation Center on the majestic Clark Fork River in Western Montana.